Skype is available across a range of different devices to allow you to stay connected to the people who matter to you most. We want to make sure that, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can always rely on Skype to reach the people you care about. Perhaps you’re on vacation, traveling for work, or simply want to use Skype from the comfort of your living room sofa.
To find out what version of Skype is right for you, take a look at our animated scenarios and click the example that matches your situation. No matter what it is, we have you covered!
- Skype for Mac and Windows: Windows 10 users should use the new Skype for Windows 10; Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, or XP users can use Skype for Desktop; and Mac users can use Skype for Mac. They all provide a great Skype experience on your computer.
- Skype for Xbox One: This version of Skype puts gamers first. It has a simpler user interface to help you jump in and out of a call as you need—right in front of your TV at home.
- Skype for Mobile: We recently rebuilt Skype from the ground up to offer more exciting ways to connect with your favorite people. The new Skype for Mobile is available for iPhone and Android devices now. Check the App Store or Play Store to see if your phone is supported.
- Skype Lite: This lightweight app for Android devices is specifically designed for the Indian market. It provides a great Skype experience in more challenging network conditions.
- Skype for Linux: This is as simple as it sounds—it’s for those who want to use Skype on their Linux computer.
- Skype for Web: Using a shared computer and don’t want to download Skype? You can use Skype for Web. You just need a supported web browser and working internet connection to keep in touch with friends and family from anywhere in the world.
For business users, Skype for Business—available in some Office 365 plans—can be used for online meetings and collaborating with colleagues, whether in the office or working remotely. You can check out Office 365 plans with Skype for Business here.
No matter which version of Skype you choose to use, we’re excited to connect you with friends, family, and colleagues around the world—and would love to hear about your experience using it. To learn more about Skype, check out the Skype support site, then head over to our Community to share your feedback.