Experiencing life together with the people that you care about is what drives us to look for new ways to connect. And in June, the introduction of the next generation of Skype brought more ways to stay in touch. It was a big change, and we’ve received a lot of great feedback from the Skype community. We want you to know we’ve been listening, updating, and responding to your feedback. We’re committed to providing you with an amazing experience we know only this newest generation of Skype can deliver.
In fact, we’ve already rolled out some initial updates, fixing:
- Ability to delete contacts
- Ability to delete conversations
- Multi-tasking while in a call, e.g. play a YouTube video
- Notifications and more
But our mission doesn’t stop there. We’ll continue to make improvements—including new features and functions—over the coming months.
We want to make sure you’re using the new Skype the way you want, so we’re reintroducing:
- Status display for your contacts on the home screen, so you can easily see who is active
- Native sharing capabilities on both Android and iOS, allowing you to share content to Skype chats from other apps and services
And great new features like:
- More themes and colors options to enable you to personalize Skype
- An updated user interface to improve legibility and to make it easier to navigate and access your conversations
Additionally, we have an update to Skype for Windows 10. To learn more about this update, check out the Windows Blog.
Please make sure you and your contacts are running the latest version of Skype, so you can experience all the newest features.
If you want to learn more, check out the new Skype.com feature page, and if you have any questions, visit our friendly FAQ. As always, please continue to let us know your feedback through our Community, or by using the “Send Feedback” option within the Skype app (just go to “Settings” and select “Help & Feedback” to send us a message).
The goal for this next generation of Skype is to bring the people in your world closer together than ever before, and we know – especially with your help – it’ll continue getting better and better. We’re excited for you to see what’s next!