Skype for Modern Windows 2.6: Fast Cross Device Syncing of Your Messages and Calls
A new version of Skype for modern Windows is now available in the Windows Store. With this update, if you have Skype running on multiple devices, your read chats and picked up calls will sync automatically.
Got that ring? When you pick up a call on any device and your modern Skype is on, the incoming ring will stop much faster. Whether you have Skype on a mobile, in your Outlook.com inbox, desktop, tablet or 2-in-1, Skype calls will sync up wherever you choose to take the call from.
Synced chats – as we mentioned in our enhanced chat blog, your chat history and read messages also sync automatically across devices. This way, wherever you are, you can continue the conversation you started. You can also send an IM while someone is offline and they will receive it the next time they sign in.
Supported operating system: Windows 8.1.
Find out more about the latest Skype features and get a free upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8.0.
- Improved Skype desktop clients for a dynamic new chat experience
- Skype 1.8 for Xbox One now has photo viewing and enhanced Snap experience
- Skype for Web (Beta) Now Available Worldwide
- A More Efficient Skype Experience for Your PC
- Skype and Outlook.com Get a Huge Overhaul – A Redesigned Skype for Outlook.com