Skype for Modern Windows 2.6: Fast Cross Device Syncing of Your Messages and Calls
A new version of Skype for modern Windows is now available in the Windows Store. With this update, if you have Skype running on multiple devices, your read chats and picked up calls will sync automatically.
Got that ring? When you pick up a call on any device and your modern Skype is on, the incoming ring will stop much faster. Whether you have Skype on a mobile, in your Outlook.com inbox, desktop, tablet or 2-in-1, Skype calls will sync up wherever you choose to take the call from.
Synced chats – as we mentioned in our enhanced chat blog, your chat history and read messages also sync automatically across devices. This way, wherever you are, you can continue the conversation you started. You can also send an IM while someone is offline and they will receive it the next time they sign in.
Supported operating system: Windows 8.1.
Find out more about the latest Skype features and get a free upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8.0.
- The Consumer Preview of Skype Integration for Windows 10 is here – Tell us what you want to see next
- Skype for Web (Beta) Now Available Worldwide
- A new, easier way to start a Skype conversation and invite anyone to join
- A More Efficient Skype Experience for Your PC
- Skype 6.4 for Android: Manage Conversations from Android Wear