We are launching Skype for Android version 4.3 today, with significant bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements – many based on your feedback.
The following changes have been made:
- Added support for 14 more languages: Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Romanian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
- The screen will stay lit when dialing (call setup) now. Once the call is connected, the proximity sensor will work as normal. This is to prevent WiFi from powering down, which was causing calls to fail before completion.
- HTC specific crashes. Samsung specific issues.
- Several display oddities, especially on small or low resolution screen phones.
- Video calls would begin displaying call status information.
- Audio routing to the wrong speaker.
In a few weeks, free users will begin seeing ads on the main navigation screens. Paid users with credit or subscription plans will continue to have an ad-free experience.
You can download the update starting today in the Play Store.
We’re always looking to improve your experience on Skype and pay close attention to your feedback. To get the latest news and tips, follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and join us on the Skype Community.