For football fans everywhere, the start of the NFL season means that it’s time for Fantasy Football! Last week, our Skype Correspondent Jason Zone Fisher hosted the #MSFTFootball Fantasy Football League draft with a little help from Skype. The star-studded roster included the likes of: NBA star Baron Davis, NFL Network’s Jenn Brown, DJ Skee, and actors Rich Sommer and Michael B. Jordan.
Jason scoped out the scene and shared his initial favorites on Twitter.
Now that the teams are set, how will these players fare this season? Let’s hope they take notes from Jason: “Managing a Fantasy Football team with a busy schedule can be tough! Skype really helps to simplify the process, and make it a lot more fun.”
Here are a few ways you can manage your league like a pro this season:
- Coaching like a champ – Talking lineup strategy with a friend is easy using Skype’s Screen sharing feature. You can show your buddy whatever you have up on your screen — including that awesome new roster you have planned.
- Monday morning quarterbacking - With Skype WiFi, you can catch up on the analysis while you’re at the airport or even sneak a peek on your mobile phone in class or at the office. Pay by the minute with your existing Skype credit, so there’s no need to for that pricey WiFi day pass.
- Talking smack – Fantasy football isn’t as much fun without the smack talk. With IM or Skype texting, it’s easy to banter with your opponents while on the go. Just leave Skype running in your phone’s background and you’ll be ready to gloat when your wide receiver makes that game-winning catch.
- Jason Zone Fisher Gives You the Backstage Pass You’ve Always Wanted
- Make a Splash: Pippa Shares How to Give a Surfer-Style Makeover!
- Online dating leads to long distance love via Skype
- Skype Talks With LIVE with Kelly and Michael's Michael Strahan
- Game On! Video Game Caster Uses Skype for Player Interviews