Skype Buttons Q&A: Offer Call Or Chat Right from Your Website
We’ve had a lot of interest in the Skype for business community around adding Skype buttons to your company website, so we’d like to dig a little deeper into the topic. Here we’ll address some of the most common questions we hear about Skype buttons.
1. What are Skype buttons?
Skype buttons are small, clickable buttons on a business’s website that make it easy for customers to reach a company representative via Skype with just one click. Whether the customer is on a computer or mobile, they’ll get through with a voice call or an instant message.
2. How can they help my business?
Potential clients and customers who visit your site may want to learn more about your company or ask questions before purchasing a product or service. Skype buttons add a convenient contact option so anyone can reach you directly from your website, with just one click.
3. How can I set up a Skype button?
It’s easy – and free – to set up a Skype button. On the Skype button page, enter your Skype name, choose whether you want your button to initiate a call, IM chat or both, and select your button’s color and size. You’ll then receive a code snippet that you paste into the HTML pages where you want the button to live.
The button will appear as a Skype icon with the word “call” or “chat” next to it (depending on your choice). When a customer clicks, it connects them via Skype to the company representative you designate.
4. What if my customers aren’t all on Skype?
Chances are, they are. More than 300 million people are using Skype today. And remember, customers can reach you via your Skype button from most mobile platforms as well, as long as they are signed in to Skype.
5. What if I’m busy or not online when someone tries to contact me?
If you’re not on Skype or can’t pick up, you can forward your Skype calls or enable voicemail so you’ll never miss a call.
Have a few questions of your own? Ask in the comments.
- Skype Buttons: Let Customers Call or Chat Right from Your Website
- How to Set Up a Skype Number, So Customers Can Call You on Skype
- Skype Takes on Denver for Small Business Meetup
- Conference Calling with Skype: Quick, Easy and Cost-Effective
- Five questions on recruiting talent for your business, with expert Roberta Matuson