Today we have released a minor update for Skype for Windows Phone 8, version 2.6. In this release we focused on further increasing the reliability of chat and call notifications, improving reliability of calls to phone numbers and resolving occasional missing message preview in the recent conversations list.
Get the updated version now from the Windows Phone Store.
We’re always looking to improve your experience on Skype and pay close attention to your feedback. To get the latest news and tips, follow us on Twitter and Facebook, or join us on the Skype Support Network.
Full release notes for Skype 2.6 for Windows Phone 8 are:
New and changed features:
- increased chat reliability
- increased call notification reliability
- improvements in call reliability to phone numbers
- Fix for occasional missing message preview in the recent conversations list
|Getting two notifications for a message from a Messenger contact||If you’re signed into Message Hub and the Skype app, you may get two notifications for a message from a Messenger contact.||Tap your profile picture in the top right corner of the home page, choose “notifications” from the menu on your profile and turn the Messenger notifications off.|
|Calls keep ringing when answered on a different device, or ended by the caller||We’re working on a change to address this issue. Right now you can tap Ignore to dismiss the call screen, or it will disappear after 60s.|
|Can’t sign in with a Microsoft account that isn’t joined to a Skype account||Today the app requires you to have already signed in with a Microsoft account on another client, and either merged with an existing Skype account, or created a new one||We’ll address this in a future release – so you can sign in with any Microsoft account and either merge with your Skype account, or create a new one|
|Video stops when the call is in the background||If you’re in a video call and put the app in the background, video stops and both users have to restart it when you reopen the app||We’re working on this for a future release, so that video starts again as soon as you restart the app.|
|Reading a message on Windows Phone doesn’t mark it as read on other devices||Messages still appear unread on a different device||We’re working on this for a future release.|
|All calls received when the app is closed appear as audio calls||Even video calls are initially shown as audio calls, and you need to add video once the app starts.||We’re working on this for a future release, so you can answer video calls with video straight away.|
- To our Windows Insiders: Skype UWP Preview app adds group features
- Skype 6.6 for iPhone and iPad brings phone number, date and address detection, and improved multitasking
- Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming to Windows Insiders
- Skype Redesigned for Android, iPhone and iPad
- The Consumer Preview of Skype Integration for Windows 10 is here – Tell us what you want to see next