Earlier this week, we mentioned that the preview of Skype Video Messaging for Skype for Windows 8 would be “coming soon.” Well, it is now available in the Windows Store.
Skype Video Messaging lets you record and send a video message to friends and family on Skype anytime, even when they’re unavailable; they can watch your Video Message next time they’re on Skype. Here’s what you can expect to see:
Recording a Video Message using Skype for Windows 8.
Receiving a Video Message on Skype for Windows 8.
To get the preview of Skype Video Messaging, download the latest version of Skype for Windows 8 now from the Windows Store.
As we continue to test Video Messaging in its early release, we’d love to hear your feedback so we can continue to make improvements. Please let us know what you think of this feature by posting in the Skype Support Network here for Skype 1.7 for Windows 8, or on our Facebook or Twitter pages.
You can also see a list of issues fixed in the release of Skype 1.7 for Windows 8 below:
|Video||Green video showing up on certain laptops.|
We’d also like to thank these volunteers for their work on the localization of Skype for Windows 8 into the following languages:
Bulgarian: Nikolina Filipova & Nikolay Filipov
Czech: Petr Silon
Dutch: Kees Koenders
German: Claudius Henrichs & Dick Schiferli
Lithuanian: Viktoras Kriukovas
Norwegian: Stig Auestad
Polish: Karol Szastok
Portuguese: Francisco Ferreira
Romanian: Péter & Mónika Henning
- The Consumer Preview of Skype Integration for Windows 10 is here – Tell us what you want to see next
- To our Windows Insiders: Skype UWP Preview app adds group features
- Skype Redesigned for Android, iPhone and iPad
- Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming to Windows Insiders
- Skype 7.16 for Windows app – making it easier to share content