Skype 6.2 for Windows with a New Toolbar and eGifting
Today we have released a new version of Skype for Windows.
New features and improvements in Skype 6.2 for Windows include:
- New Toolbar: Re-designed top toolbar to bring together main actions in one place. Skype users will now have central access to Home, Calling Phones, Creating Groups and Adding Contacts all just above their contact list and recent conversations.
- eGifting: Skype users can now send a gift of credit to anyone they care about on their birthday.
New Toolbar: All key actions are in one place – we simplified the User Interface so that all the key actions you used to have above and below the contacts list are now in one location.
eGifting: Send a gift of credit to anyone on their birthday
When you get a birthday notification you can choose to gift someone with credit on their birthday. They can use the credit to call you or anyone they care about, at any time.
Let us know what you think about it by discussing what matters on Skype Support Network, in case you notice something going differently than expected then please report it in our public issue tracker.
Full release notes for 126.96.36.199 are:
Changes in comparison with previous release:
- New top toolbar with all major actions together in one place.
- Send eGift to friend who has a birthday
- Added option to send IM with ctrl+enter.
- Computers with Intel Pentium 3 or similar CPU’s, which do not support SSE2 instructions, are not supported anymore.
|Profile||Profile country setting did not get saved|
|Accessibility||Some fields in incoming contact requests were not accessible.|
|Add contact||Adding a contact window was misplaced on multi-monitor setup|
|File sending||Changing received file name removed file extension.|
|Video||Logitech c920 webcam supporting only 720p video calls|