Skype 4.5 for iPhone and iPad
Today we’re pleased to release Skype for iPhone and iPad, version 4.5.
New features and improvements:
iPhone and iPad:
- Automatic call recovery for dropped calls.
- Fix so that instant message conversations appear in the correct order.
- Marketing opt-in / out selector within app registration.
- Emergency calls now routed through native dialer.
- Improved UI allowing a simple swipe from the left of the screen to see your recent conversations in a sidebar.
- Improved spacing and minor UI changes for iPad mini screen size.
Supported devices and Operating system
Skype for iPad version 4.5 supports iPad, iPad 2, iPad mini and the latest iPad with Retina Display. Skype for iPhone version 4.5 supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, plus 3rd, 4th and 5th generation iPod Touch. iOS 5.0 or later is required on all devices.
We recommend that everyone upgrades to the newly released Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad applications from the Apple App Store. We are always interested in hearing your feedback, so please report any issues to our Skype Support Network.
|Conversations||Received chat messages are displayed with wrong timestamp|
|Conversations||Crash when sending /leave command in a group chat|
|Rotations||Incoming/outgoing picture preview is incorrectly rotated|
|Calling||Audio is not sent to remote participant when outgoing call established in background mode|
|Calling||Call sometimes cannot be ended when the same account runs on several devices|
|VoiceOver||When pressing on a contact list item – all info should be read at once|
|Calling||Call cannot be resumed while playing music during the call||Stop music player or hang up the call and call back|
|Calling||If Skype is in background when call recovering started, then no reconnecting sounds are playing||None|
|Calling||Auto Call Recovery has only one attempt when recovering call to a mobile device client||None|