Jonny Imerman was diagnosed with testicular cancer when he was just 26 years old. After chemotherapy, remission and then a brutal surgery to remove four tumors from behind his kidneys, Jonny was mercifully cancer free. But his battle against the disease continues.
In 2003, he founded Imerman Angels to make sure that no one has to fight cancer alone. Throughout his experience with the disease, Jonny had never met any cancer survivors who were his age. Imerman Angels partners anyone seeking cancer support with someone just like them: a “Mentor Angel” who is a cancer survivor or survivor’s caregiver of a similar age, same gender and, most importantly, has beaten the same type of cancer.
Imerman Angels is a free service that gives not only inspiration but proof that there is life on the other side of cancer. They are active all over the world and use Skype to connect mentors and those needing support from Sweden to Seattle. Watch our video with Jonny Imerman below:
Find out how you can get involved.
- International Fashion Designer LaQuan Smith: “Skype is Like My Lifeline!”
- Sir Mix-A-Lot in Tech: Social Media, Skype & Surviving in the Music Business
- Disadvantaged Kids Build Planes (And a Future) From Scratch
- Send the gift of Skype WiFi with Skype Gift Cards
- Deaf Boy First Hears Mother’s Voice Over Skype