Today we have released Skype 4.2.1 for iPhone and iPad.
New features and improvements:
- Sign in with your Microsoft Account to merge your Windows Live Messenger, Outlook.com and Skype accounts – then IM those contacts direct from Skype.
- Ability to edit and delete instant messages
- Choose an emoticon while typing an instant message via a new emoticon picker
- Animated emoticons for devices with a Retina display*
- Edit phone numbers from the dial pad
- New to Skype? Create a new account when you download the app
- UI improvements
*iOS devices with Retina display include the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, 4th and 5th generation iPod Touch, and 3rd and 4th generation iPad
We recommend that everyone upgrades to the newly released Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad applications from the Apple App Store. We are always interested in hearing your feedback, so please report any issues to our Skype Support Network.
|Generic||Sign-out takes longer time in case if user has many MS and Skype contacts|
|Generic||User is able to cancel the sign-in process only in early process of authorization|
|Calling||Call sometimes cannot be ended when the same account runs on several devices|
|Calling||Skype may crash with a subsequent call if the application was in background mode before the remote side has answered the call|