Pop quiz: what’s the best part about Halloween? The candy? Spending time with friends and family? Carving pumpkins? Trick-or-treating? Parties?
OK, maybe there are a few right answers to that question. For us, though, it’s all about the costumes: kids and adults alike dressing from head-to-toe as characters and creatures to trick-or-treat or attend parties. Every year, we read stories about how our users are jumping on Skype video calls with friends or distant family members to show off their creative Halloween attire. Skype is a great way to wish the people you care about “good luck” before trick-or-treating and check out their costumes in the process.
We love these stories, and that’s why this year we’re mixing it up a bit this year with our Halloween virtual costume contest. To participate, send us an image of a favorite Halloween costume, past or present, that you think is worth sharing with your nearest and dearest friends and family on Skype. Here are more specifics on how you can enter:
- Please e-mail your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line of your e-mail, please write “SKYPE PHOTO CONTEST: HALLOWEEN”.
- Please name your file using your first and last name, followed by the word “Halloween2012”. An example would be: “JohnDoeHalloween2012”.
- Please use the highest resolution possible when sending your photos.
- Also let us know if you plan to share your Halloween attire over Skype with friends or family. Incorporation of Skype is encouraged but not required.
Twitter and Pinterest:
- Include the #BOOtiful hashtag when posting your image.
Entries will be judged on originality, humor, composition and impression on the Skype judges. Winners will earn bragging rights and have their entries featured on the Skype blog network, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest pages once the contest has ended.
The contest will run starting today until 11:59 p.m. PDT on October 28th, 2012. Only one entry will be accepted per person. You can read the full promotion rules here.
We’re looking forward to seeing your creative costumes. Good luck!