At Skype, our goal is to make it easy to communicate with friends and family at any time and from anywhere. We’re always excited to introduce new products that will make it even easier to bridge distances and enable more convenient conversations with your loved ones. That’s why we’re excited to announce that we have partnered with Logitech to introduce the Logitech TV Cam HD.
The Logitech TV Cam HD makes it easier than ever to share your everyday moments via HD Skype video calls from the comfort of your living room. Skype’s own research indicates that 40% of video calls are already taking place in the living room and that most video calls are made to connect with close friends and family, the new Logitech TV Cam HD gives you yet another option to bring Skype into your living rooms.
We wanted to make video calling as convenient as possible for the entire family. The Logitech TV Cam HD brings Skype to any HDTV with an HDMI input. With Skype on your TV screen, conversations are now even more convenient, relaxed and simple, and everyone in the family can easily join in on the fun – right from the comfort of the couch.
So what can you expect from the new Logitech TV Cam HD? For starters, it’s simple to use. Just plug in the camera, connect it to the Internet and sign in to your existing Skype account or set up a new one right from the on-screen menu.
Key features include:
- Wide-angle HD video lets you fit everyone on-screen comfortably, with room to move
- Crystal clear, HD 720p, Logitech Fluid Crystal™ Technology and Carl Zeiss® optics deliver sharp video and rich colors – even in low light – and clear sound in real-world conditions
- The built-in Skype and Wi-Fi connectivity means there is no software to install, so you can just plug the Logitech TV Cam HD into your HDTV’s HDMI port and start making Skype calls right away
- Receive Skype calls even if your TV is off. The camera has a built-in ringer that plays a Skype ringtone and the activity LED on the front of the camera will blink to let you know when someone is calling regardless of whether your TV is on or off
- This same activity LED turns on during a call so you know a call is in progress
- You can position, zoom and pan your camera for the perfect image
- Store up to 20 different Skype accounts on one camera and log into any of them at any time so you can call any of your contacts on any device running Skype
The Logitech TV Cam HD is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe beginning in August and September 2012, respectively, for a suggested retail price of $199.99. For more information on the new Logitech TV Cam HD or to pre-order, please visit http://shop.skype.com/logitech-hd.
How do you and your family currently use Skype to chat with loved ones from your living room? Let us know in your comments below.