A few weeks ago, we shared with you our love for The Webby Awards. After being nominated in two categories in this year’s awards, we are now thrilled to announce that, for the second year in a row, Skype has been awarded three Webby Awards for its Skype for iPad and Skype for iPhone apps!
Thanks to your votes, Skype for iPhone received the People’s Voice Award in the Best Use of Device Camera category. Skype for iPad also won both The Webby Award and People’s Voice Award in the Social (Tablets and all other devices) category.
Jonathon Moore, Senior Product Manager for iOS at Skype commented, “Multiple Webby and People’s Voice Awards in the same year is a huge cause for celebration for the iOS team at Skype. We’re committed to giving our users the best experience possible and work hard to ensure our products work for every one of our tens of millions of mobile users around the globe.”
In reaction to the awards, one of my colleagues, User Experience Designer Dan Winston shared that designing for the iPad has been a brand new experience – mixed with trepidation and excitement – for everyone at Skype. He noted that translating a product already much loved by users onto a new device was a difficult challenge, so we’re delighted to have received this recognition for our work.
- Say Hello to Skype for the Nokia X Family
- Introducing New Skype for Windows Phone 8.1 & Improved Skype for Windows 8.1
- A new relationship for a better experience in China
- Technological Changes to Improve the Skype Experience
- We’re bringing you great audio quality and making improvements regardless of your environment