Play Blog

Read about innovative uses of Skype, user stories and more

Spring Break Travel Tips

It’s the first day of spring, and the weather is warming up. Schools across many countries are approaching their annual spring break hiatus. While some students may decide to have a relaxing stay-cation at home, others will be jet setting to various vacation destinations. Whether you are taking a domestic or international vacation this spring, there are several ways to take Skype with you.

Traveling with a group of friends? Make sure you keep tabs on everyone’s whereabouts by creating a GroupMe group chat on your mobile phone.

Visiting an unbelievable landmark? Capture the experience with Qik Video Connect on your mobile phone and share a video message privately with friends and family or post to your social networks.

Going abroad, but want to affordably call home? Take advantage of Skype’s low cost pay as you go rates to call mom and dad on their landline or mobile phone and let them know you arrived safely.

Want to share the beautiful view from you hotel room? Use Skype video calling on your iPad, iPhone or Android so your friends can share the view with you in real-time.

Need to connect to WiFi? Try Skype WiFi to get online at over 1 million WiFi hotspots worldwide and only pay for the time you’re online with Skype Credit.

Weren’t able to take the annual spring break trip with your friends? Connect with up to nine of your best buds to see how their trips are going with Skype group video calling for Mac or PC.

Are you taking a vacation this spring break? Leave a comment and share your destination with us.

Travel  Image.jpg

7 thoughts on “Spring Break Travel Tips

1. wasim.ilias said 3 years ago

I am traveling to Himalayas in India – Rohtang valley, Leh, etc.

2. appled08 said 3 years ago

Visiting colleges to prepare for upcoming senior year and chatting with friends using Skype!

3. appled08 said 3 years ago

4. siddiqui. said 3 years ago

Manchester, UK.

5. rosaria.mineo said 3 years ago

My mom and aunt just landed in Palermo to visit our family. Only 10 days, but happy we have unlimited Skyping for my nonna’s landline

6. zxcxz7 said 3 years ago

I live in Korea and I’m going to travel other domestic cities soon. I’m using Skype 12 months plan now and I’ll use Skype to call my parents and friends during my travel. It has been awesome using Skype because the quality is as good as regular carrier’s. I am looking forward to using Skype because it, I’m sure, will be extraordinary.

7. zxcxz7 said 2 years ago