Skype 2.7 for Android: Improved calling experience

Today we have released a new version of Skype for Android.

The main efforts on this release have gone to improving the calling experience and enabling video calling for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch.

Upgrade to the latest version of Skype for Android from the Android Market and share your feedback on how we can improve further via the Skype Support Network.

The full release notes for the release build 2.7.0.907 are:

Improvements and new features:

• Calling interface updated
  • Improved quality
  • Enabled video calling for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Fixed issues:

Category Description
Generic Help button now linked to mobile-optimized support site
Contacts “Add Contacts” was doing local contact search instead of searching for other Skype users
Contacts After sending a contact request the user was not taken back to previous view
Calling Skype did not stop ringing if the user answered the call on other device, like on desktop, with same Skype user

9 thoughts on “Skype 2.7 for Android: Improved calling experience

1. jonkong1975 said 3 years ago

The new UI looks great, it’s just a shame that video calling on the Xoom hasn’t been fixed. It use to work way back in 2.5. But each update since it no longer works.

2. haiderh said 3 years ago

Routing voice to bluetooth (Motorola h730) is not working.
    Also sign in as invisible also not working.

3. mikehy40 said 3 years ago

I have an android 2.2 7″ tablet (wondermedia wm8650) LGE P506 board . Skype 2.7 downloaded via market but will not allow sign on ,it comes up with “Skype has stopped working'” would you like to sign inagain or exit skype .Tried to sign in again , same reaction .I am in New zealand using wifi. Your comments would be appreciated .

4. gabrio_81 said 3 years ago

IMPORTANT BUG: Skype for android version 2.7.0.0907 deletes caller ID

please see my full explanation : http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/IMPORTANT-BUG-Skype-for-android-version-2-7-0-0907-deletes/td-p/522251

thanks
    Gabrio

5. hkhalil_h said 3 years ago

Well I like the new look but there are two major issues one of them existed in older versions
    1- Voice being automatically directed to the loudspeaker when a contact answers (the old unmixed issue)
    2- Caller ID resetting everytime I make a call to a mobile or a landline. How do I know? when calling a contact on his landline if he doesn’t accept anonymous calls his phone doesn’t even ring.and I have to go to skype.com and activate my caller id service all over again every single time!

6. apuppat said 2 years ago

Dear all,
    I’ve a tablet Mediacom 810 updated with Android 4. Recently I’d installed Skype 2.7. I can log in Skype and chat, when I try to call or video call the system drop. I’ve tried to use the test device but I’m only able to hear the “Hello…” and then the system drops again. Can somebody help to solve this issue. I like skype and is really useful for me. Thanks

7. atiq_gandhi said 2 years ago

In my HTC Desire S for skype some times Bluetooh is not working properly, it not imediately rooted to my bluetooh. I have turn it off and again on to connect through Bluetooh. An Caller ID is getting disapear frenquently. And for my Samsung Pro Y Duo video calling is still not supported……….Can you please help me out….

8. atiq_gandhi said 2 years ago

9. rndindia said 2 years ago

Seems i will be moving to vonage now due to critical bug of caller ID.

Not sure why they are not listening to such critical request.