I am delighted to announce the deal with Microsoft has formally closed, and Skype is now a division of Microsoft. This represents a huge leap forward in Skype’s mission to be the communications choice for a billion people every day.
Joining forces with Microsoft is the best way to accelerate this mission and capitalize on our position at the intersection of social, mobile and video communications. Simply put, we want to transform communications. We will do this by building the best products in the world that allow all of us to do things together whenever we’re apart and by creating teams who work faster and smarter across the globe building those world-class products.
Microsoft is committed to the ubiquity of the Skype experience – communication across every device and every platform will remain a primary focus. And we’ve only scratched the surface. We’re at the starting line of integrating world-class talent, innovative technologies and products. By bringing together the best of Microsoft and the best of Skype, we’ll deliver amazing new experiences for consumers and business around the world.
Check out some of these interesting facts and stats, showing the scope and impact of how Skype video calling is helping people around the world stay connected.
To share this infographic, use this embed code:
- Computer Science Education Week: Maine Students Meet Minecraft Designer on Skype
- Skype Translator Preview – An Exciting Journey to a New Chapter in Communication
- Top Reasons Skype Can Help You to Grow and Innovate Your Business (Part 2)
- Changing the World One Story at a Time through Skype
- We’re bringing you great audio quality and making improvements regardless of your environment