The FREETALK® Connect•Me Home Phone Adapter for Skype and a New Skype-enabled Cordless Phone from GE Open up a New World of Calls from Your Home Phone
At Skype, we strive to ensure anyone can use Skype anywhere, at any time. As a result, you can now use Skype on your computers (Windows, Mac or Linux), iPhones, iPads, Android smartphones and even on a Skype-enabled HDTV or Blu-Ray player. Today we are excited to announce the availability of two new partner products that will help us to enable even more Skype conversations.
Many people today continue to use their home phones as their primary means of communication. If you are one of these people, you will be pleased to learn that you can now have a true Skype experience on your existing handset with the release of the FREETALK Connect•Me Home Phone Adapter for Skype.
The FREETALK Connect•Me Home Phone Adapter for Skype
The FREETALK Connect•Me Home Phone Adapter is a hassle-free, plug-and-play solution that lets you use your existing handset to make free Skype-to-Skype calls, as well as low-cost calls to landlines and mobile phones worldwide at our extremely low Skype rates.
Just connect your home phone, broadband and landline to the phone adapter and enjoy the freedom of making Skype calls anywhere around the house from your home phone. You can also receive Skype to Skype calls from other Skype users on your landline phone using the Connect•Me Home Phone Adapter.
The GE Digital Cordless Expandable Telephone with Skype
In addition to the FREETALK Connect•Me Home Phone Adapter, also available today is a new cordless phone from GE, certified by Skype. The GE Digital Cordless Expandable Telephone with Skype (GE 31591) is the latest in a line of popular Skype-integrated cordless handsets that give you the ability to connect with Skype contacts for free, make low-cost calls to mobiles and landlines and manage your Skype contacts, all without the need of a PC. Both products are available today in the US and Canada.
Product Bundles for Your Skype-Enabled Home Phone Adapter
With our partners we are currently offering both products with a number of cost-effective calling bundles designed to meet a variety of calling needs:
FREETALK Connect•Me Home Phone Adapter Bundles:
• FREETALK Connect•Me + more than 60 minutes** of complimentary calls to landlines and mobiles via Skype ($39.99)
• FREETALK Connect•Me + 12 months of calls to landlines and mobile phones in the U.S. and Canada and 200 minutes**of calls to international landlines and mobiles ($59.99)
• FREETALK Connect•Me + a 3-month Unlimited*World subscription to the US and Canada plus landlines in 40 other countries ($59.99)
GE Digital Cordless Expandable Phone:
• Cordless Phone + 400 minutes** of calls to international landlines and mobiles ($69.99)
• Cordless Phone + 12 months of unlimited* calling to landlines and mobile phones in the U.S. and Canada and 200** minutes of calls to international landlines and mobiles ($89.99)
• Cordless Phone + a 3-month Unlimited* World calling subscription to the US and Canada plus landlines in 40 other countries ($89.99)
Both products are now available in the Skype Store for US and Canada. You can also purchase them directly through the eBuyNow online retail store and other authorized global retailers and etailers.
The products will be available to purchase in other countries later in the year.
Access to a broadband Internet connection is required. Skype is not a replacement for traditional telephone service and cannot be used for emergency calling. Connect•Me users need to ensure all calls to emergency services are terminated through traditional telephone services.
* A fair usage policy applies.
** The actual number of minutes may vary depending on your calling destination and the number of calls you make. A connection fee applies for each call.