Skype's David Gurlé to Deliver Keynote at Enterprise Connect 2011
Mark your calendars. On Tuesday, March 1, 2011, David Gurlé, vice president & general manager of the Skype Enterprise business unit, is set to deliver a keynote speech about the growing importance of collaboration within the enterprise at the 2011 Enterprise Connect conference in Orlando, FL. David’s speech will also contain a news announcement related to Skype’s business collaboration solutions. David is set to take the stage on Tuesday at 1:30 PM EST / 10:30 AM PST.
For those of you who won’t be attending the conference, but are curious to hear what David has to say about Skype’s place in the world of collaboration, his keynote will be streamed live. Also, beginning February 27th, you will be able to visit the Skype-Live micro-site to access all of Skype’s news announcements and presentations from the conference and to watch an archived video of David’s keynote.
Enterprise Connect promises to be a busy show for Skype’s Enterprise team. In addition to David’s keynote, Skype’s presence at Enterprise Connect will also include Andrew Sinclair, director of enterprise product and engineering management, participating in the following panel sessions:
- “Telepresence in the Home: How Will it Affect the Enterprise?” – Monday, February 28; 2-3 PM EST
- “Choreographing the Cloud: Finding the Right Mix of Cloud vs. On-Prem Functions” -Tuesday, March 1; 2:30-3:30 PM EST
Barry Castle, product marketing manager for Skype Connect, will participate in “The Post-PBX Platform: How Real, When and From Whom?” panel session (Monday, February 28; 2-3 PM EST), while Adam DaCosta, Director of National Business Development for Combat Networks, will be discussing his organization’s use of Skype Connect during the “Case Studies: Implementing SIP Trunking” panel session (Wednesday, March 2; 3:45-4:30 PM EST).
For those attending the show, the Skype Enterprise team will be available daily throughout the conference at the following locations:
- Osceola 6 - Stop in to learn more about Skype’s enterprise solutions and ask any questions about how Skype can be deployed across the enterprise.
- Avaya Booth #801 - Stop by every afternoon for a demonstration of Skype Manager and Skype Connect, as well as the Avaya-branded ROI tool in action.
- Conference Reception Area - See Skype’s video solutions in action and do a Qik interview on Skype Live.
As always, we’ll be live tweeting from each of the panel sessions, as well as David’s keynote, so please follow @skype4business on Twitter during the show to keep track of what’s happening. Or you can “like” us on Facebook. We’ll also keep you up to date with the latest news from the show right here, so please check back throughout the show.