Love is in the Air
As Valentine’s Day approaches, here at Skype we got to thinking about the different ways people keep in touch with loved ones.
With more technology than ever before it should be easier to keep in touch, but we carried out some research which showed that Brits aren’t staying in contact with others as much as they should.
Our research showed that:
- On average, Brits have lost contact with 2 friends in the past year
- 57% of people would like more friends than they currently have
- 71% regret losing contact with old childhood friends / former colleagues
- Three quarters of us agree that despite technological advances we don’t keep in touch as much as we should with friends / family
- For 40% of us being a better friend is one of our New Year’s Resolutions
- Half of us want to make more of an effort to keep in touch with people (especially those that have moved away)
At Skype, we know how important it is to keep in touch where ever you are and we hope the introduction of new services such as Group Video Calling or Skype for iPhone makes it easier than ever before. Forty per cent of all Skype-to-Skype minutes for the first 6 months of 2010 were video calls so if you haven’t tried it already why not treat your loved one to a romantic video call or record a personalised Valentine’s video greeting via qik this February 14th?
To enjoy video calls with your Valentine, give them this link.