Skype 2.0 for iPhone
We are glad to announce Skype 2.0 for iPhone.
Now it’s here officially – Calling over 3G.
Please note that the Skype2Skype calling over 3G is free during a trial period, which lasts until end of the year. We will be letting you know about the pricing later. Calling over WiFi will remain for free for everyone.
Start downloading the updated all right now.
In addition to the 3G calling we have improved Skype call quality with introducing Wide-band SILK audio codecs into the app. Wide-Band calling is available for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2nd Gen devices.
The Call Quality Indicator is now giving you more information which will help you to improve your calling experience.
We have also fixed a number of issues reported by you in this release, especially on the calling areas.
Please let us know how you feel about the Skype 2.0 for iPhone, discuss things what matter on our forums or just comment this post.
Full release notes for 2.0.0 are:
* Calling over 3G data network
* Wide-band SILK audio for iPhone 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd Gen
* Device contact groups button was added to contact groups view
* Give feedback button added to About Skype page
* Improved application startup speed
* Improved calling user interface
* More information displayed on Call Quality Indicator
* Improved VoiceOver support
* Improved keyboard appearance during IM
* ‘Call ended’ audio was played trough speakers instead of earpieces
* Country prefix detection failed on rare cases
* Resolved rare issues with touch tones regognition
* Calling over VPN connection was failing
* Incoming GSM call, which was declined, stopped audio for ongoing Skype call
* Skype crashed when outgoing call was forwarded to phone
* It was not possible to unblock contacts
* Skype crashed sometimes when tapping contact list while using Skype in traditional Chinese
* Skype logout rarely by itself with ‘account logout reason error 21′ message
* Incoming GSM call, over EDGE connection, ends Skype call
* Skype might hangup call on ‘ringing’ view when calling from iPod Touch without headset
* Call forwarding number is removed after adding invalid number
* Group call avatar is not shown sometimes
* VoiceOver support is missing in some areas
* Action button is not disabled when switching IM view to landscape mode
* Sign-out tone is not audible