Skype 2.8 for Mac Hotfix 2
We have just released a new version of Skype 2.8 for Mac to You.
This is a maintenance release and we have fixed with the issues you’ve been telling us about.
We recommend for everyone to update to this newly released build. Start download from here.
With the new build we have mainly fine tuned our support for Snow Leopard and then we have fixed some scenarios where Skype was crashing for users.
Full release notes for the newly released build 188.8.131.521 are:
* ‘My Account’ is not translated into Brazilian Portuguese. Use ‘My Account’ in the web for workaround.
* Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard – Skype Access was not working
* Skype occasionally crashed when the host of a conference call would hang up on one participants during the call
* Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard – Users were unable to call phone numbers via their Mac Addressbook
* Platform specific: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard- Some animated emotions were not displayed correctly
* Skype crashed due to invalid avatars (occurred seldom)
* Users some times experienced an “Unable to mount database” error message when launching Skype.
* Skype crashed when a user quit after opening an authorization missed event
* Platform specific: OS X 10.3 Panther – Occasionally Skype crashed right after an account was created