Skype 1.3 for iPhone
Few days ago we released Skype 1.3 for iPhone.
With this new updated version of Skype for iPhone you can now IM people in landscape mode, you can see feedback about your call quality in the application and we have built in hints and tips to ease usage of the application.
You can read more information about new features on our main blog.
Start downloading it now.
In addition to new features we have also improved the behaviours of the application on many areas.
Most notable improvements are:
* IM input mode supports landscape orientation.
* Participants in an IM session can see previous instant messages they sent in that session.
* Users can copy and paste while in portrait mode. NB: This functionality is not available if the user is in landscape mode (see ‘Known issues’).
* Users can click on links in an IM.
* Users can delete single IM items.
* If a user taps into an empty area of a conversation while in portrait mode, the keypad is hidden. NB: If the user is in landscape mode, the keypad is visible.
* Users can click on links in a mood message.
* Users can scroll through mood messages and contact requests.
* Users can delete specific history items.
Improved contact card:
* User profiles show an SMS button.
* The ‘Edit Profile’ option offers enhanced functionality.
* Users can forward incoming calls to another number.
Call Quality indicator:
* A ‘Call Quality Indicator’ is visible.
* We now support the Silk audio codec.
* The default status for the setting “Stay online when device is locked” is ON.
We have also fixed a bunch of issues:
* Users can decline authorization requests.
* A user can continue a Skype-to-Skype call after declining an incoming GSM call.
* Incoming calls no longer ring if a user has set his or her status to ‘Do Not Disturb’.
* Skype no longer freezes when a user keys in the fifth number on the Dialpad.
* A user’s status prior to answering and then ending an incoming GSM call remains the same.
* When a user resumes a call after being put on hold, he or she will hear the Dialpad tones.
* Silent’ mode suppresses all call ringtones.
* We have fixed certain crashes that occurred during the Skype login process.
* Users can cancel a “Creating SMS” request.
* Users see more relevant alerts if they enter a problematic password during account creation.
* The system requires confirmation if a user wants to block a contact.
Unfortunately there are also few known issues:
* If a user taps into an empty area of a conversation while in landscape mode, the keypad remains visible.
* Users cannot copy and paste when they are operating in landscape mode.
* Duplicate IMs can occur.
* Skype sometimes crashes when a user closes an IM.
* Users cannot view pages that require authentication.
* If a user is in landscape mode, a scrollbar may appear in the middle of his or her screen.
* Tooltips can sometimes remain on the device’s screen when a user is viewing ‘My info’.
* Users cannot forward calls to Skype names.
* If an iPhone user exits Skype while in landscape mode, the top bar stays on the right-hand side.
* iPhone OS turns off Wifi when manually locking the device. Skype will disconnect from network then, no matter if Stay online switch is enabled in Skype preferences.
Updated on 26th January.