Skype for iPhone 1.3 now available
We’ve updated our iPhone app – you can now make video calls.
Skype 1.3 for iPhone is now available in the App Store – download it now (opens in App Store).
We’ve made a number of improvements, including:
- Landscape mode for IM – many of you have been asking for this
- Call quality indicator – new in this version; it’ll help you decide whether it’s the right time to call (a bit like the one in 4.2 beta for Windows)
- Hints and tips – particularly for first time users
We’ve also fixed the problem where calls would sometimes drop after returning from hold, for example when you receive a notification of a text message.
Two things this version doesn’t have in it:
- Calling over 3G – as Russ said a couple of weeks ago, we’re waiting for Apple on this one. As soon as Apple removes its current restrictions on calling over 3G, we’ll make a 3G-capable app available. We’ve got one up our sleeves ready for that moment, but for now, we’re being forced to wait.
- Push notifications – as Russ also said, we’re working on this; we’ll release a version with Push notifications when the experience has been perfected.
Download it now – and don’t forget to let us know what you think