Skype for Asterisk available to all
Businesses around the world can take advantage of Skype’s low-cost calling to landlines and mobile phones and free calling to more than 400 million registered Skype users around the world using Skype for Asterisk.
If you already use an Asterisk-based phone system, you can add Skype as a complementary form of communications by downloading Skype for Asterisk, without additional costly hardware. If you’re an existing Skype user, you can benefit from the advanced call features of Asterisk, including call transfer, interactive voice response, automated call distribution, flexible call-routing and much more.
In addition, with Skype for Asterisk you can:
- Manage corporate Skype accounts with the Business Control Panel
- Get low Skype global rates on outbound calls and make it easy for customers to reach you with local Skype online numbers
- Route calls according to Skype profile fields, online status and privacy settings
- Streamline customer contact by allowing your website visitors to make free Skype calls directly to your business with global click-to-call buttons
What you need
Skype for Asterisk is compatible with:
- Asterisk 1.4
- Asterisk 1.6
- Asterisk Business Edition™
and supports both G.711 and G.729a calling.
How to get it
Skype for Asterisk is available to download now from Digium for $66 USD per concurrent call or from Digium Authorized Resellers and Distributors worldwide, and comes with 90 days of installation support from the time of purchase. No additional hardware is needed.