Skype 4.0 Beta 3 for Windows hotfix
Today we are ready to ship to you an updated version of Skype 4.0 Beta 3 for Windows.
With this update we have included some features from Skype 3.8 for Windows which have not yet been part of the 4.0 series. In addition we have added an option to disable uPnp and Nat-PMP port mapping, because some of our users were asking for it.
That’s not all. Starting from this version we’ve included the new Super Wideband Audio codec. This is our second in-house built audio codec especially designed for calls over the internet with superb quality. The Super Wideband Audio codec will help you most on lousy network conditions and when you have lower bandwidth available, although it also improves quality in normal conditions too.
We recommend that everyone who is already using 4.0 beta versions to upgrade to this build and welcome everyone else to try out this new version.
You can download the 4.0 beta 3 hotfix from here. Please keep in mind that it is still a beta version which might have some mysteries hidden under the surface.
Please let us know if you happen to be the lucky finder of any hidden mysteries . You can inform us about problems in our public issue tracker. You are also welcomed to discuss things on Skype Community or just leave us a note on our feedback page.
Full release notes for the 126.96.36.199 are:
* feature: Super Wideband Audio codec
* feature: MySpaceIM with Skype (functionality carried over from 3.8)
* feature: Option to disable uPnP and Nat-PMP
* feature: eBay browser highlighter bundled
* feature: Added Philips SPC 1330 NC as High Quality Video camera
* improvement: Instant Messaging layout improved
* bugfix: History did not show all entries
* bugfix: Outlook contacts were not always displayed correctly
* bugfix: Resize area was missing from Shop panel
* bugfix: Chrome could not be switched off in some scenarios
* bugfix: Skype Call and SMS URI did not focus Skype
* bugfix: Changing language settings on sign-in screen did not always update language
* bugfix: Links in form of username:password@something were not clickable
* bugfix: Crash in Vista, when last audio device was removed during a call
* bugfix: Quickfilter took focus while writing an instant message
* bugfix: Incorrect tooltip displayed when a call was put on hold
* bugfix: After switching Custom Chrome off through menus no visual style was selected in options
* bugfix: 'Add to contacts' right-click menu missing for Outlook contacts
* bugfix: Close menu did not work in Compact mode conversation window
* bugfix: Recently closed conversations menu did not truncate long conversation names
* bugfix: Wrong file transfer status was shown after other side cancelled sending file
* bugfix: US Number +15416 was shown as Canadian
* bugfix: Emoticons were not shown in profile area
* bugfix: Emoticons were not shown when exchanging contact details
* bugfix: Conference call sometimes continued ringing after answering
* bugfix: Checkbox to show online users count was missing from Tools > Options
* bugfix: Conversations were not consumed when user was blocked
* bugfix: Video error message was not displayed when webcam was in use by another application
* All language localizations updated