Skype 4.0 Beta 3 for Windows
It’s my pleasure to say – Skype 4.0 Beta 3 for Windows is here.
If you have been using previous betas then you’ll want to start downloading Beta 3 instantly. Although it’s a big step up from beta 2, please remember it’s still a beta version.
You’ve given to us great feedback so far which has triggered many of the changes you see in this new version.
With this version, you’ll see a new abuse reporting feature, which will give you the option to report any users you are blocking to us . We have also introduced a custom windows toolbar design with a more Skype-like feel. You will also notice the new version of account view in Skype. It helps you to get your services and payments sorted out more easily. Under the hood we have also added a bandwidth manager which will enable better call quality.
We have also brought back the Call Quality feedback area, Outlook Contacts and full History. All of the things you have been missing most in Skype. In addition there have been many usability improvements related to instant messaging and the profile area layout.
You can read more about features on Mike‘s blog post.
We have also worked hard to iron out many of the bugs . The most important ones to highlight are the crash bug which affected some Windows XP SP1 users and some cases where new event notifications did not work well.]]>Full release notes for the build 126.96.36.199 are:
* feature: Abuse reporting - allow users to report unwanted contact requests and Spam
* feature: Call Quality Feedback button
* feature: Skype Prime payments support
* feature: Outlook Contacts
* feature: Custom Chrome
* feature: History
* feature: My Account in Client 2
* improvement: Options panel updated
* improvement: improved layout of profile area in group conversations
* improvement: Instant Messaging display
* improvement: Call Toolbar
* improvement: More visible button to switch between default and classic view
* improvement: Improved bandwidth allocation methods
* improvement: Changes to file sending design
* change: Getting Started Wizard improvements
* change: Extras Manager updated to version 188.8.131.52
* change: Removed AMR-WB audio codec
* bugfix: Skype occasionally crashed on login on Windows XP SP1
* bugfix: When entering the symbol & into your mood message then it changed to &
* bugfix: Call cost for calls to phones was not displayed
* bugfix: When resuming download wrong estimate was shown
* bugfix: The confirmation page for Adding a phone number contact showed html code
* bugfix: Light Installer did not show plugin installing options on re-install
* bugfix: Right hand blue canvas placement fixes
* bugfix: Instant message sound notifications did not always play
* bugfix: The duration of your voicemail recording was displayed incorrectly
* bugfix: Jpeg error was shown when viewing profile
* bugfix: First character in Cyrillic was displayed incorrectly in quickfilter
* bugfix: Instant message windows in compact view were not always in focus
* bugfix: High Quality Video call logo overlapped some call controls
* bugfix: Webcam not available message not displayed
* bugfix: Links to webpages which contained @ were not clickable
* bugfix: Incoming message notifications did not always clear
* bugfix: In compact view, instant message windows sometimes popped up when they shouldn't
* bugfix: In compact view, new incoming instant messages did not pop up
* bugfix: Local network contacts online status showed incorrectly on occasion
* bugfix: Japanese language input was problematic
* bugfix: Web links caused "unable to launch web browser" error for people who have AOL broswer installed
* bugfix: Group conversations did not act consistently with contact categories
* bugfix: Occasionally Skype crashed on login
* All localizations updates