Manager wanted – Skype Developer Community
We need a manager to help drive forward the Skype Developer Community within our new Skype Platform Team. This will be a really exciting role for the right candidate.
So, SDP is hiring….
Your challenge is to drive the Skype Community program that moves the new platform forward, compliments our platform product investments and ultimately delights our partner community and users. Your success will be measured by your ability to work closely with the product teams to develop a comprehensive developer marketing plan, and work with our marketing, product, and business development teams to evangelize Skype’s tools, development environment, and unique value proposition to the development community.
You will be part of the newly formed Skype Platform team whose mission is to lead the adoption of Skype’s Platform with developers and ISVs. The team is resourced and chartered to secure the future of the Skype Platform with developer audiences that span corporate and commercial developers, device developers, next generation developers in startups, students and social developers that writes plug-ins, widgets and mash-up applications today.
* Defining and articulating Skype’s developer value proposition across multiple audiences including professional and non-professional developers, ISV, Online service providers, Operators and OEMs.
* Performing deep technical and business analysis of competing platforms and technologies and establishing best practices based his/her the previous experience and implementations at similar organizations.
* Integrating with business development and program management teams within the division and across the company to align product priorities, market needs and opportunities.
* Work closely with the regional and subsidiary teams, partner teams, and marketing teams across the company in order to speak with one voice to the developer community through existing and new channels. Collaborate with marketing communications team to broaden developer and rich application messaging.
* Develop & define specific outreach mechanisms (web, partner channels, etc.), to connect with developer segments and ISVs.
* Organize and drive developer outreach at events.
Required Skills and Experience:
* We are looking for a seasoned professional with a technological background. Formal education in engineering, mathematics, or physics is considered a valuable asset. Graduate level education in management or engineering is also desirable. Hands on experience in software development, particularly around open source or other development programs from third parties are also something we would be looking for. Previous experience managing a Community of Software Developers is fundamental.
* You will be responsible for managing a team of professionals that will support your programs and plans to create a significant and long lasting impact on the community of Skype Software developers. We are looking for a thought leader that can also motivate and raise the enthusiasm of all Skype developers. This is a position with lots of visibility outside of Skype and experience managing media and driving public events is critical.
To apply click here.