Skype for your mobile beta 2
We have released a few days ago an updated beta version of Skype for your mobile. After the release of Skype for your mobile beta 1 we have worked extensively on widening the supported phone range and adding calling support to new countries. Beta 2 supports calls also in Australia and New Zealand also we have added support for 30 new devices. Read more on new features.
We have improved the download process, so now you just need to go to the Skype for your mobile page and tell us your mobile phone number and we will send you a download link straight to your phone.
There’s more to add to new features introduced with this beta update. We have also worked extensively on ironing out all the issues found by our users during the beta one.
I’d recommend everyone to upgrade to the new beta version, but to still keep in mind that this product is still in beta state which means that it’s still not fully ready for prime time usage, but if you are not afraid of possible hiccups then go ahead.
The newly released build has incorporated following changes and fixes in comparison with beta 1:
* feature: Added support for many new devices
* feature: Added account creation functionality
* feature: Some newer Sony Ericsson phones now have options to auto-start and minimize application
* improvement: Text-input fields now allow predictive text technologies
* improvement: Data and time formats can now be customized
* improvement: faster chats & contacts scrolling
* improvement: Reduced data traffic usage on signing-in and new message notifications
* improvement: Error handling enhanced
* improvement: Call privacy handling
* improvement: Various usability improvements
* change: Application now works always full-screen mode
* bugfix: Messages were lost from previous session
* Numerous bug fixes
* Localizations updates