Skype 4.0 beta 2 for Windows hotfix
Two weeks ago we released Skype 4.0 Beta 2 for Windows. Now I’m pleased to say that we have improved it a bit. We have taken some time to iron out the bugs which you have been reporting to us over that time.
Get the new beta build with fixes. Bear in mind that Skype 4.0 for Windows is still a beta version which means that it might catch a cold sometimes.
If it behaves a bit oddly then please let us know about it by reporting issues in our public issue tracker Jira or discussing things on our forums. In case you feel you would just drop a word to us about in general then we would be more than happy to read it through our survey.
List of changes for 126.96.36.199 is:
* change: Extras Manager updated to version 188.8.131.52
* bugfix: “List index out of bounds” error was displayed on call phones dialogue when pressing enter without entering anything
* bugfix: At times, video privacy message was not shown
* bugfix: Call privacy options for Online Numbers were sometimes lost
* bugfix: Profile pictures management did not work
* bugfix: Take Video snapshot button was active even if there were no webcam present
* bugfix: It was impossible to remove second USB device from audio devices list
* bugfix: “Add contact” button was enabled even if nothing was entered into search box
* bugfix: Opening Skype from system tray did not turn off silent mode
* bugfix: French localization to Megabyte was incorrect
* bugfix: Call Phones tab default focus was not on phone number field
* bugfix: Voicemail was shown as MT67 in inbox
* bugfix: After being added to Group IM some messages were not shown instantly
* bugfix: SMS sent to user by other Skype contact was shown as MT64
* bugfix: Menu Skype > Close did not work
* bugfix: Choosing an IM emoticon window did not close when closing the main window
* bugfix: Pressing “Esc” did not cancel editing conversation topic
* bugfix: Skype did not stick to screen corners
* bugfix: Logout did not work correctly
* bugfix: “Show in folder” button did not work
* bugfix: SkypeOut call to number not in contact list did not take focus correctly
* bugfix: Getting Started Wizard had outdated screen shot
* bugfix: Video was automatically received even if “Automatically receive video from” option was set to “no one”.
Have you downloaded it already? It’s still hot.