Skype 4.0 Beta 2 for Windows
I was proud to announce the Skype 4.0 beta 1 back in June. Now three months after the initial release we are ready to give to you a second beta version of Skype 4.0.
You have given us a tremendous amount of feedback. We are extremely thankful for all of this.
We have made lot of changes and improvements to this version based on your feedback. We have introduced compact mode and changed many areas which you have pointed out. Thank you a lot to all of you. Please continue to give us feedback how you like the 4.0 beta 2, so we can tweak the client even more.
You can read more about the feedback we got on Mike‘s blog post.
Start downloading the beta 2 right now. Please remember that it is still a beta version of software which means that there is possibility that it has some behavioral disagreements with you.
Full release notes of newly released Skype 22.214.171.124 are:
* feature: Compact view
* feature: Scalable profiles
* feature: Contact categories (previously known as contact groups)
* feature: Support for Vista Core Audio
* feature: Call quality feedback and indicator
* feature: Ability to login to Skype via command line
* feature: Events and notifications (tray and sound alerts)
* feature: Added High Quality video support for Logitech Vision Pro
* feature: Added mjpg webcam support
* improvement: Now possible to copy mood and paste elsewhere
* improvement: Confirmation screen added to new contact flow
* improvement: What’s New Guide updated
* improvement: Better scalability for smaller window sizes
* improvement: Conversation and contact tabs layout
* improvement: Better visibility of video rezise icon
* improvement: Online status (presence) improved for persons with long contact lists
* change: Firefox plugin updated to version 126.96.36.199
* change: Internet Explorer plugin updated to version 188.8.131.52
* change: Language localization updates
* bugfix: Video in Mood
* bugfix: Video calls occasionally caused Skype to crash
* bugfix: Occasionally, the minimized parameter didn’t work
* bugfix: API – Get avatar command did not work
* bugfix: API – Over time, Audio API datastream lost synchronization
Thank you everyone!