Skype 4.0 Beta 1 for Windows (hotfix)
Today we updated the Beta 1 build to include some bug fixes. There’s no other change to functionality, that will come with Beta 2 towards the end of summer.
We’d like to thank numerous persons who have taken their time to give us their thoughts, feelings and expressions on the new version. Keep them coming to us over the summer season, so while you are taking your time off to relax, we can work hard to make sure that Skype 4.0 will look and feel exactly as you wish.
Download the updated version from here, but remember that it’s in public beta state which means that we are working on it and it may show it’s tender sometimes.
For all the technical people, the new release carries a build number of 188.8.131.52 and it has following changes:
* bugfix: Renaming contact did not work correctly
* bugfix: New audio device notification was wrongly presented sometimes for SoundMax devices
* bugfix: Incoming chat notification was played when it should have not
* bugfix: Changing ringing device changed also speakers
* bugfix: No sound was played when sending chat message
* bugfix: It was not possible to remove echo123 from contact list
* bugfix: Skype crashed sometimes when recording voicemail
* bugfix: Getting Started Wizard misbehaved sometimes after making test call