Skype 3.8 Beta for Windows
We are proud to present the beta version of Skype 3.8 for Windows. This new version brings to you mainly quality improvements and slightly reduced installer size.
This is beta software, which means that we are still working on it. So it may not always behave as it should.
In case you see anything which is not behaving as you’d expect then please let us know in the forum for Skype 3.8 beta or report an issue in our public issue tracker Jira.
We are very thankful for all kinds of feedback.
Major changes in this version are new implementation of UPnP, improved audio engine and the new Extras Manager. In addition to these new things we have fixed numerous video-related bugs.
Read more about our new independent UPnP implementation here.
There is also one known issue in this beta version: you cannot send voicemail to people who have not authorized you. We are working on fixing this in time for the public version.
Full list of changes for 22.214.171.124:
* known issue: Sending Voicemail to not authorized user fails
* feature: New UPnP implementation
* feature: Extras Manager 2.0
* feature: Profile picture hidden by default on authorization request
* Improvement: Audio call quality
* Improvement: Internet Explorer add-on updated
* Improvement: Firefox add-on updated
* Improvement: Skype4COM updated
* change: Default video resolution for Pentium 3 and slower computers is 160×120 pixels
* bugfix privacy leak: Moodmessage and online status exposure to web browser via internal interface
* bugfix: Rarely contacts were lost after upgrade
* bugfix: Public chat links did not work on Vista
* bugfix: My video was froze on video call for some users
* bugfix: Call went to Voicemail even if not selected it in options
* bugfix: Sometimes video was black for receiver
* bugfix: Sometimes video preview was frozen
* bugfix: High Quality Video was not possible with Core2Duo E8200 CPU
* bugfix: Users who have not logged in for long time were not found with search
* bugfix: Skype sometimes crashed during file transfer
* bugfix API: It was not possible to forward call if username had a comma in it