Skype for Linux beta update – X marks the spot
Today Skype has released a updated beta version of Skype 2.0 for Linux.
This release introduces some new features and numerous bug fixes, all of which are listed below.
Download it now or continue reading.
So why the name “X Marks the Spot”?
We thought ‘X Marks the Spot’ would be a fitting name as we introduced X11 overlay support – which means Video calls now work for those who don’t have enough (or any) Xv ports available and as such couldn’t get Video to work in previous Betas. X (X11) marks (draws on) the spot (the window area)
We would like to remind to you that Skype 2.0 for Linux is still in beta version, and thus we’re still working hard to improve the client to a point that we’re happy to call it gold/stable. Please let us know when you encounter any issues. You can discuss Skype for Linux on our forums or report issues on our public bug tracker Jira.
Skype 220.127.116.11 for Linux, brings you following enhancements:
* feature: Additional X11 overlay output support for video calls (without using Xv).
* feature: Automatic scrolling whilst highlighting in chat.
* feature: Click-and-hold for Call button on contact card to make SkypeOut calls to contact’s Home, Office, Mobile numbers.
* feature: Click-and-hold for Call button on incoming call popup to invite to conference call.
* feature: Click-and-hold for Add/Search Contact button to give quicker access to Add/Search options.
* feature: Preload all chats with a topic into event history.
* feature: Show birthday present in contact card on contact’s birthday.
* feature: Translations now also available in Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish and Thai.
* bugfix: API: Don’t bring up new chat window for an empty chat from CHAT CREATE.
* bugfix: API: Don’t respond to CALL command with OK.
* bugfix: API: Starting conference calls with CALL skypenameA, skypenameB now works as expected.
* bugfix: Allow user to change from a video device that no longer exists.
* bugfix: Always expand the contact card by default in 1:1 chats.
* bugfix: Bring chat window to the front if it is already open and is requested to be open.
* bugfix: Change red cross to green tick when file transfer is completed.
* bugfix: Chat find failure error dialog should be centred on the chat.
* bugfix: Chat member list no longer accepts any keyboard focus.
* bugfix: Clicking on the scrollbar in chat no longer loses focus on chat input area.
* bugfix: Correctly show mute status for mute events that happen outside the call window.
* bugfix: DBUS checkbox was offset in Options dialog.
* bugfix: Don’t allow a conference call to be invited to a conference call.
* bugfix: Don’t display Leave Chat dialog when using /leave feature, but still leave and close the chat window.
* bugfix: Don’t double-escape spaces in file paths.
* bugfix: Don’t remove current index when closing the last contact card.
* bugfix: Don’t remove the old SkypeOut number before adding the new one on rename, incase it fails.
* bugfix: Don’t send escaped version of the topic when changing topic.
* bugfix: Don’t show age in birthday reminders for contacts born in the future.
* bugfix: Don’t show the option to invite to a conference call when we are not the host.
* bugfix: Escape should close Invite user to chat dialog.
* bugfix: Escape should close error dialogs.
* bugfix: Event history filter type is forgotten when switching between contact list and event history.
* bugfix: File transfer widget didn’t update the number of people sending to when removing a transfer.
* bugfix: Use ‘Call Failed’ notification when Voicemail fails or is cancelled.
* bugfix: Fix a bug with speaking indicator conflicting with Call on Hold status messages.
* bugfix: Fix a regression with Shift-Arrow/Ctrl-Arrow in main list.
* bugfix: Fix crash in Rename Widget when trying to change to a PSTN number that’s too short.
* bugfix: Fix crash on incoming conference call.
* bugfix: Fix crash when entering short phone number in Add SkypeOut dialog.
* bugfix: Fix escaping issues in Profile Viewer.
* bugfix: Fix for a layout drawing bug in transfer window when adding to expanded transfer groups.
* bugfix: Fix for issues with holding calls and duration continuing
* bugfix: Fix for listview layout breakage when window is sized at minimum.
* bugfix: Fix for menus appearing below the mouse cursor on buttons.
* bugfix: Fix for tooltips disappearing elsewhere in the client during a call with technical call info enabled.
* bugfix: Fix for topic editing bar remaining open after window switch.
* bugfix: Fix minimum size being invalid in Invite users to chat dialog.
* bugfix: Fix mute button and tooltip in fullscreen video widget.
* bugfix: Fix some memory leaks and crashes related to historical calls.
* bugfix: Fix stray selection area visible after clearing selection in chat.
* bugfix: Hide Video button during a conference call.
* bugfix: If you hangup on a conference call participant whilst sending them a voicemail, they couldn’t be invited again.
* bugfix: Invite user to chat dialog should be centred on the chat.
* bugfix: Listboxes in Options Dialog should stretch.
* bugfix: Maintain avatar background colour during a sending-only video call.
* bugfix: Make Ctrl-Space toggle the selection of the current contact on the contact list.
* bugfix: Make Ctrl-V work when opening Call Ordinary Phones dialog.
* bugfix: Make Speaking indicator a bit more reliable during status changes.
* bugfix: Mouse cursor needs to be updated after moving over a link in chat and using the mouse wheel to scroll.
* bugfix: Numbers in Skype chats open in user’s browser instead of calling in Skype.
* bugfix: Open file paths in file browser, not Web browser.
* bugfix: Pasting a new mood message with the middle mouse button wouldn’t save.
* bugfix: Prevent empty new events panel bug to do with Calls/Birthdays.
* bugfix: Ringing sound may not stop if inviting an incoming call to a conference call fails.
* bugfix: Remember file transfer window location and size.
* bugfix: Remove 25fps video send limit due to uvc driver fix.
* bugfix: Remove over-complicated contact menu call actions.
* bugfix: Removed b) emoticon definitions.
* bugfix: Scrollbar shouldn’t be scrollable when the chat window is empty.
* bugfix: Search dialog could be resized below valid minimum size.
* bugfix: Select previous name in Rename Contact when opening dialog.
* bugfix: Sending an empty message to the API could crash the client.
* bugfix: Show contact’s name instead of ellipses when shortening chat history.
* bugfix: Show if a 1:1 call is held in the window title.
* bugfix: Turning Auto-Away/NA option off would not save correctly. (#SCL-308)
* bugfix: Update chat window when message is delivered/undelivered to correctly redraw layout.
* bugfix: Update video preview to new device if applying changes in options dialog.
* bugfix: Wrap words correctly in chat input box.