Skype Toolbar for Outlook updated!
I am very happy to finally announce that the Skype Toolbar for Outlook has been updated.
The most important changes are:
- Support for Outlook 2007 – when you open an email or a contact item you will get a Skype task pane to the right allowing you to initiate communication via Skype very swiftly.
- Much faster startup performance (except the first time you log into a profile) – the caching is now done in a much better way
- When reading email only the sender of the email is analyzed. Previously up to 10 other recipients were also analyzed. This also increases performance a lot.
- Selecting appointments are no longer supported – we are trying to make the product simpler and this feature was cut
- On demand analyzing of other recipients. When you create a conference, multichat etc from an email the other recipients (apart from the sender) is analyzed when needed, not in advance.
|To make the most of your use of the Outlook Toolbar we have made a 17 minutes long video demonstration of the toolbar in action.
Here is the link to that!
|Then, of course, I urge you to download and try it for yourself!|