Skype 2.0 Beta for Linux update
Thank you for your comments and thoughts on Skype 2.0 Beta for Linux. We’ve now released an updated version of the software, a hotfix that solves many issues you’ve highlighted. In addition, it features a few new things that make using Skype on Linux easier and better.
As this is still a beta version, there are still some bumps and glitches that we’ll need to get rid of. If you run into one please let us know so we can make Skype better for you all. You can report problems on our public issue tracker and discuss things on Skype forums.
The newly released version 188.8.131.52 includes the following:
* feature: Command-line login functionality provided by –pipelogin
* feature: Show when someone is speaking during a call
* feature: API: Add GET/SET WINDOWSTATE functionality
* feature: Shift-Enter in contact list will activate the opposite default action on the selected contact (call instead of chat and vice versa)
* improvement: UYVY conversion for Apple iSight cameras.
* improvement: Changes to ease CPU usage on v4l(1) cameras
* improvement: Support for more resolutions on v4l and v4l2 cameras
* improvement: Avoid flickering in the call window video area
]]> * bugfix: Crash for v4l cameras when switching resolution.
* bugfix: Crash when finishing call with some cameras.
* bugfix: Crash/memory leak with uvc cameras on fglrx driver.
* bugfix: Workaround for uvc split-frame video bug with new Logitech cameras.
* bugfix: Allow toggling of fullscreen while video is paused.
* bugfix: Unable to resume video after resuming the call.
* bugfix: Disable video while in a conference call.
* bugfix: Crash on View Profile in Qt 4.3.1 and earlier.
* bugfix: Fix contact/event skipping whilst scrolling through Contact List and Events History with keyboard.
* bugfix: Fix Call button for newly added SkypeOut contact. Remove Chat button for newly added SkypeOut contact.
* bugfix: Close chat window when you leave chat.
* bugfix: Cancel search (if active) or close Search window if Escape is pressed.
* bugfix: Add connecting animation to status icon.
* bugfix: Don’t call random names when quickfilter reveals a single selection and we press enter.
* bugfix: Rejecting incoming calls from the incoming call popup should redirect to Voicemail if necessary.
* bugfix: Incoming file transfer in Do Not Disturb should go to New Events area without popup window.
* bugfix: Add tooltip for (flag:xx) in chat.
* bugfix: API: “OPEN FILETRANFER … IN path” command improvements.
* bugfix: When offline, the number of online users should not be shown.
* bugfix: Shift-F3 should bring Find in chat dialog with search direction preset to Up.