Skype 2.0 Beta for Linux, the Great Revolution
Today we have released the Skype 2.0 Beta for Linux, the Great Revolution
Read further about the Great Revolution on our Linux blog.
So why wait further, start to download it straight away, but I would like to remind you that this is a beta release. In other words, we’re still tweaking it to smooth out any possible rough edges.
Please share your thoughts, feelings and point out any wrinkles in this version of Skype, so we can make it better. You can leave us issue on our public issue tracker Jira, read how to do it here or discuss the Great Revolution on our forums.
The release version is 184.108.40.206 and it brings you the following:
* feature: Video.
* feature: Option to automatically answer incoming calls (under Options -> Privacy).
* feature: Use user’s desktop locale if a locale hasn’t been set in client.
* video feature: Video Devices options dialog.
* video feature: Video Accept/Decline dialog.
* video feature: Full-screen video.
* video feature: Double-clicking on video window toggles full-screen video.
* video feature: Double-clicking on video preview in Options dialog will reveal full-screen myself preview.
* improvement: Add missing translation for Sign in window title.
* improvement: Change Calls Forwarded icon.
* improvement: Clean up button spacings in myself/credit bar.
* improvement: Don’t render Contact popups together.
* improvement: Fix call window minimum contact card height to match design specification more closely.
* improvement: Remove dependency on libsigc++.
]]>This version also comes with some bug fixes from previous version:
* bugfix: API: OPEN ADDAFRIEND skypename should open Auth widget for skypename if they are not on the list.
* bugfix: API: Send CONTACTS FOCUSED properly.
* bugfix: API: Support ‘IN’ parameter for OPEN FILETRANSFER.
* bugfix: Add support for temporary and permanent API authorisation.
* bugfix: Allow language file to load before login screen.
* bugfix: Skype crashed sometimes when entering invalid Skypename in quickfilter
* bugfix: Capture SIGTERM for clean shutdown.
* bugfix: Catch exception when marking call events as read.
* bugfix: Change login window minimum height to 450 pixels.
* bugfix: Crash when Viewing Profile.
* bugfix: Don’t activate contact list and event history items based on stray ‘Enter’ signal from other applications.
* bugfix: Fix a crash on Sign out.
* bugfix: Fix for right-click contact menu not being updated in some circumstances.
* bugfix: Hide Create Conference Call and Change Password options when offline.
* bugfix: Make drag-and-drop file operations work on expanded contact cards.
* bugfix: Possibility to temporarily hide contacts completely.
* bugfix: Properly enable/disable Voicemail sub-options based on master option.
* bugfix: Purge logs if older than 30 days.
* bugfix: Pushing Enter on contact list now performs an action.
* bugfix: Trying to send/receive files with foreign characters fails sometimes.
* bugfix: Voicemail options dialog plays a bit nicer now.