Skype 2.7 for Mac Beta release
Today we have made another big step forward to be with Skype for Mac client on the same feature set as we are with Windows.
We have released a initial beta version of Skype 2.7 for Mac Beta version, grab it straight from here. I will remind to you that this is a public beta release, which means that it is not yet fully ready for production use, as it may have some rough edges in.
This new open beta incorporates many amusing new features, like:
* Address Book contacts in contact list
* Auto redial
* Contact groups
* Public chat creation
* Transfer preferences
* Volume slider in call window
* Added Norwegian (Bokmål), Czech (Čeština) Localizations. Thanks to Kenneth Stevenson, Lukáš Vajda.
You can read more about the new features and numerous improvements on our Skype for Mac blog.
As always we encourage you to leave us feedback how our new and shiny version works for you, so we can give it a final polishing for prime usage.
]]>Full list of changes in 126.96.36.199 are:
* new feature: Address Book contacts in contact list
* new feature: auto redial
* new feature: contact groups
* new feature: public chat creation
* new feature: transfer preferences
* new feature: volume slider in call window
* new feature: Added Norwegian (Bokmål), Czech (Čeština) Localizations. Thanks to Kenneth Stevenson, Lukáš Vajda.
* improvement: New file transfer
* improvement: added End chat command to chat menu and chat context menus
* improvement: added public chat settings command to chat menu and context menus
* improvement: edit chat message (edited message still not shown)
* improvement: FPS is now displayed in tech call info (for Video calls)
* change: changed the auto-recharge upsell message
* change: changed the ripple animation in the main window to swipe animation
* change: do not show blocked contacts in search results
* change: green call forwarding icon
* change: green call preferences icon
* change: new green call preferences icon
* change: removed download folder from general prefs (it’s now in transfer prefs)
* change: removed paste of files into chat input view
* change: when importing found Skype contacts, it did not show send auth req dialog
* bugfix: “Are you sure you want to delete 0 contacts?”
* bugfix: animated emoticons did not animate in previous version
* bugfix: Buy Credit links in call windows pointed to the My Account main page
* bugfix: chat messages were not sorted when showing history
* bugfix: Contacts -> Rename menu was disabled
* bugfix: crash on logout when multiple chat windows open
* bugfix: drag and drop of chats from one drawer to another not working correctly
* bugfix: fixed deleting header files from Skype framework
* bugfix: fixed exception on handling some classes of malformed links in chat
* bugfix: fixes chat drawer resize problem on mc expand
* bugfix: Help button next to CF now links to CF info
* bugfix: I Button in search / add contact window
* bugfix: in chat history messages were not sorted
* bugfix: leading zero was not removed from some phone numbers which didn’t have country code
* bugfix: Non-localizable strings in Chat User summary
* bugfix: now can escape chat topic editing
* bugfix: renamed ‘Rename…’ to ‘Edit Contact…’ for SkypeOut contacts
* bugfix: search button was incorrectly enabled in Search window after Stop pressed
* bugfix: Skype chat drawer display problems.
* bugfix: sometimes contact list didn’t work after signing in with another account
* bugfix: Titles in Preferences window were not translated
* bugfix: ‘View Blocked Users’ button non-localizable
* Language files updated: French – Jean-Pierre Kuypers, German – Claudius Henrichs, Traditional Chinese – Carlos Lee, Italian – Alessandro Venturi, Dutch – Alexander Henket, Spanish – Carola Clavo, Portuguese – Francisco Miguel Ferreira, Japanese – Takenori Kursawana, Norwegian – Kenneth Stevenson, Czech – Lukáš Vajda.