Skype 1.4 Beta for Linux
Today we have released Skype 1.4 for Linux beta version, codename The Great Cucumber.
The new beta version has better user experience and many new features in comparison with the previous alpha.
We would like to thank everyone for the feedback it has been real pleasure to get your input.
This newborn has major update to audio you will find in it:
* Skype’s own audio codec
* Skype improved conference mixer
* Skype Jitter Buffer and concealment
* Skype audio preprocessing components
We recommend for everyone to upgrade.
]]>New features and bug fixes in this version of Skype 184.108.40.206 for Linux are:
* feature: Animated Emoticons
* feature: Call Forwarding
* feature: Change Password dialog
* feature: Start Conference Call Dialog in Main Menu.
* feature: Remember Deleted and Seen birthdays between sessions.
* feature: Disabling Birthday notifications in Options/Notifications will disabled all Birthday reminders.
* feature: Animated ‘Connecting’ logo for Create Account and Change Password.
* feature: Incoming call popup — can be disabled for old behaviour.
* feature: Ability to change SkypeOut name and number.
* feature: Ability to remove your avatar from profile editor.
* feature: Ability to ignore incoming calls without refusing them.
* cleanup: Remove initial 5 second delay on first birthday scan.
* cleanup: Nicer chat view with continuation messages.
* cleanup: Change chat timestamp to be grey and remove says: from chat.
* cleanup: Keep popup open whilst we’re hovered over it.
* bugfix: E-mail addresses are now saved correctly.
* bugfix: Use cleaner avatars for default avatar and echo123.
* bugfix: Change Clear Birthday image to “Clear Birthday” text.
* bugfix: Don’t set user’s country to “0″ upon selecting — Unspecified –
* bugfix: If other people clear their custom avatar, this is now reflected in Linux UI.
* bugfix: Trim the displayed name a bit better (work in progress)
* bugfix: Update tooltip for contact card on status change.
* bugfix: Don’t display past birthdays in the future.
* bugfix: Fix for text escaping in mood message entry in Myself Area.
* bugfix: Allow quickfilter whilst new events area is open.
* bugfix: Quickfilter hint text is now left-aligned.
* bugfix: Fix some names being sorted to top of list when custom name is removed.
* bugfix: Avoid ghost status in Call Conference
* bugfix: Avoid duplicate events in Call Conference (like Call on Hold twice causing sound)
* bugfix: Display Call priority pop-ups in any status mode
* bugfix: Only display incoming call pop-ups once for a conference
* bugfix: Closing Call Window when it’s ringing (non popup mode) should ignore call, not reject it.
* bugfix: Make Quickfilter calling just a tad smarter.
* bugfix: Add ‘Insufficient Credit’ call failure text.
* bugfix: Do not allow call operations on Undisclosed Number contacts.
* bugfix: Close call window after 4 second timeout on Call Refused message.
* bugfix: Handle call window cleanups a bit differently, may avoid crash on event delete bug.
* bugfix: Close call windows on sign out.
* bugfix: Reverse icon displayed for Mute/Unmute microphone in call
* bugfix: Use a font-based width calculation to choose chat member list width.
* bugfix: Focus chat input area on window focus.
* bugfix: Chat topic should revert to non-edit state when focus is lost.
* bugfix: Chat topic text is now escaped to avoid hidden text and HTML alterations.
* bugfix: Animated emoticons options dialog option now enables Apply button.
* bugfix: Allow double-clicking on chat members again.
* bugfix: Testing workaround for 1:1 chat mess-up.
* bugfix: Display Undisclosed Number as opposed to +000000 for voicemails.
* bugfix: Escape close chat window – in chat input, chat text history, userlist, everywhere.
* bugfix: Make shift-Backspace work in chat input.
* bugfix: Remember all recent chats (for historical reasons), but only show last 20 in Recent Chats menu.
* bugfix: Change b to B for Bytes per second for file transfers.
* bugfix: Open Directory button now works after successful file transfer.
* bugfix: Only show “Accept/Decline” button instead of “Accept All/Decline All” when a new single transfer arrives into a multi-transfer widget.
* bugfix: Add transfer failure messages.
* bugfix: Fix some transfer progress issues.
* bugfix: Place initial cursor in search box when displaying search widget.
* bugfix: Search widget layout issues.
* bugfix: Centre search widget, auth widget and options dialog.
* bugfix: Don’t reveal our own view profile button in search widget.
* bugfix: Search button doesn’t get activated properly on advanced searches.
* bugfix: Authorisation request popup now closes if you click a button on it.
* bugfix: Fix popup manager to not draw popups below desktop boundaries.
* bugfix: More popup notification stretching fixes.
* bugfix: Remove contact’s authorisation when we delete them.
* bugfix: Hitting a key on About Box should close it.
* bugfix: Clicking anywhere in About Box should close it.
* bugfix: Don’t quit when last visible window is closed (Qt 4.3.x).
* bugfix: Fix fonts for mood message / user time in Qt 4.3.x.
* bugfix: Don’t crash on login failure or sign-up failure after successful sign-in.
* bugfix: Possible crash on close/signout