DevZone 2.5 – new look and feel
The most significant finding from the usability on website browsing is that users are usually much more oriented toward functionality.
Even a website that users visit daily seems to feel like a tool: users want to get in and get out as quickly as possible rather than “connect” with the site.
Nielsen Norman Group – expert in design human-centered products and services
Users tend to glance at websites when they need to accomplish something or to find the answer to a specific question. That is the reason why with more than 2550 visitors per day, the DevZone has from now a more concentrate contents, cut into a better and more logical structure:
* left-hand navigation in three steps
* Newsletter subscription
* News and Bugs sections
Once at the end of the month, we publish a newsletter with success stories of our Software partners, Technical updates, Business cases, FAQs and so. It is logical that you could see the latest one from our main page (top right) and subscribe to it if you haven’t done it yet.
Instead of having listed different kind of news. We have now under a same News section:
* Extras news: where we will update everything links to the Extras managers (docs, SDK and even new partners Extras)
* Docs news: when a new API commands, URI, wrappers, examples will be uploaded we will let you know to ensure that you could everytime develop for Skype with the latest code
* Events news: want to meet us? when to know more about us? how I get started? how I get tuned? This is the right section you may read.
Bugs and requests section
We have a Technical service which support and certify your application. For that, we are using an external issue tracker (JIRA) where we invite you to create:
* Bug requests, you could have found (the more you can describe how you get it the more our Developer support persons could get it fixed in next released)
* Improvement and Features requests, if you think that we may evolve or cover with nice new commands
* Support request, anytime you could come to us with a “How can I?”, “Where can I?”… questions.
Feel free to browse our current issues, to watch or even vote when you think necessary.
Enjoy the visit! : https://developer.skype.com/
Antoine Bertout – DevZone Mng