Known issue in Extras Manager in 3.0 Beta
We have a known issue in the 184.108.40.206 Beta Update.
Users are prompted to ‘Buy Extras’ when trying to use a previously installed Extra.
We apologize for this inconvenience and will have this fixed in the next Beta Update. Please understand that issues like this are common in early beta products.
Here’s what you can do to resolve the issue yourself:
1. Uninstall any applications you have installed in ‘My Extras’ in Skype Extras Manager
2. Go to your “C:Program FilesSkypePlugin Manager” folder and click on “unins000.exe” to unsinstall the Skype Extras Manager.
3. Go to your “C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSkype” folder and delete the “Plugins” folder.
4. Re-Install the .137 Skype Beta from: http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/skype3beta.html
Agree to the terms. Click on the “Options” button and make sure “Install Skype Extras Manager” is checked.
5. Re-install any of the Extras which were prompting you to BUY them.
6. You may see a warning message about a mismatch, this is a known issue and will be fixed in a future release.