Teamdating.com integrates Skype features
Here is a novel example of how one [online partner]( http://www.skype.com/partners/online/messagingandpresence/) is integrating Skype functionality in to their offering.
Social dating website [www.teamdating.com](http://www.teamdating.com) is now allowing members to show their [Skype status]( http://www.skype.com/share/buttons/) to one another and communicate directly via Skype IM chat or Internet phone call.
Here’s how Teamdating.com has gone about integrating Skype:
1. They have added a field for members to ADD their Skype ID during the Sign-up process
2. They have given members the ability to download Skype during the Sign Up process
3. Once logged into the site, members can enter/edit/turn on/turn off their Skype online status straight from there Team Home page
4. All Teams can view other teams’ Skype online status, and then initiate Chat or Calls
5. They have added Skype to their “Get Social” list of preferred links, so again, for members that do not have Skype, they provide them access to download it from the site
If you have an online community website then this is a great example of how to partner with Skype to enhance your user’s experience and differentiate yourselves from the competition. For more information of how to do this, see the [Online Parnters]( http://www.skype.com/partners/online/API/) section of the Skype website.
By integrating Skype in to your website, you can also be listed in the [Skype Extras Gallery]( http://blogs.skype.com/directory/)