We bring you… Skype Gift Certificates
You can now buy Skype Gift Certificates. They are Skype voucher codes that you can buy to give out as gifts, resell or use for yourself. You can buy Gift Certificates for Skype Credit (which you can use to make SkypeOut calls), SkypeIn (including Voicemail) and Voicemail.
### Cool! How do I buy them?
Just log on to [My Account](http://www.skype.com/go/store), scroll down and select “Purchase Gift Certificates” from the bottom of your My Account page. Select the desired type and amount of Gift Certificates and proceed according to the on-screen instructions.
Note that not everyone can buy Gift Certificates. To buy Gift Certificates, you need to have made several SkypeOut calls over a period of at least 3 months and not have any fraudulent transactions recorded for your Skype Name. The Gift Certificates links will be visible or not visible to you depending on whether you meet these criteria. If you don’t see the link, just keep using Skype and SkypeOut and check back at a later date. Also, initially Gift Certificates are supported only if your currency is set to Euro. Other currencies coming up.
]]> ### How do I share the Gift Certificates?
After buying, go to your [My Account page](http://www.skype.com/go/myaccount) and click “Gift Certificates” in the top left menu. You will see all the Gift Certificates you have purchased. You can mark them as distributed (use the checkbox) to keep track of them or enter comments about them. You will also see when the Gift Certificate has been redeemed by the recipient.
You should copy and paste the Gift Certificate to the recipient, for example in an e-mail or Skype chat message. You should tell the recipient to go to [skype.com/go/voucher](http://www.skype.com/go/voucher) where the recipient enters his/her Skype Name, password and the voucher code. The service is then automatically activated for him/her — no hassling with payments, credit cards or anything!
### Skype Gift Certificates or Skype Groups?
Now, Skype Gift Certificates are kind of similar to [Skype Groups](http://www.skype.com/products/skypegroups/) — both let one Skype user buy a service to another Skype user. So which one of these to use? It’s entirely up to you. Here are some comparison bullets.
* Everyone can buy and then re-distribute Skype Groups credit. Gift Certificates have certain restrictions on who can buy them.
* Skype Groups has the membership concept. User must accept a groups membership before benefitting from the credit. Gift Certificates can be handed out to different users without needing to have a group connection.
* There is no bonus with Skype Groups. Gift Certificates have a 3% purchase bonus for the buyer (3% of purchase value is added to buyer’s Skype Credit balance upon successful purchase).
* Skype Groups has a separate signup procedure. There is no explicit signup for Gift Certificates — you just buy them.
* One user can belong in only one Skype Group. There is no membership limitation with Gift Certificates.
### Work goes on
Now, this is all obviously just the beginning. You need Gift Certificates in other currencies than Euro, and you need simpler tools to distribute them. This is all coming. Check back when the holiday season kicks in.
For more info, see the [Gift Certificates FAQ](http://www.skype.com/go/help.faq.giftcertificates). Post any comments and questions in our [Gift Certificates forum](http://forum.skype.com/viewforum.php?f=34).